The Disability Tax Credit may be available to a family member supporting a minor with a learning disorder. The easiest way to ascertain eligibility would be to talk to an expert at Disability Credit Consultants: 1-855-752-028.
The term learning disability and learning disorder (LD) refer to a group of disorders that affect a broad range of academic and functional skills including the ability to speak, listen, read, write, spell, reason, organize information, and do math.
The causes of learning disabilities are not well understood, and sometimes there is no obvious cause. However, some origins of neurological impairments include:
- Heredity – Learning disabilities often run in the family.
- Problems during pregnancy and birth – e.g. fetal exposure to alcohol or drugs, low birth weight, oxygen deprivation, or by premature or prolonged labor.
- Accidents after birth – e.g. head injuries, malnutrition, or by toxic exposure (such as heavy metals or pesticides).
Talk to a learning disorder Disability Tax Credit expert at Disability Credit Consultants
Treatment and Interventions include:
- Practicing tasks repetitively
- Highly structured, intensive instruction
- Classroom adjustments such as special seating or quiet environments
- Special equipment such as text to speech programs or books on tape
- Individual Education Plan or education therapy
The Canadian Government recognizes the potential severity of learning disabilities and disorders and under certain conditions offers financial assistance. One form of this assistance is the Disability Tax Credit. The application process, however, is not straightforward.
Having obtained the Disability Tax Credit on behalf of past clients, Disability Credit Consultants can very effectively represent you and help you through the paperwork.
In addition, you can be assured that Disability Credit Consultants maintains the utmost professionalism and safeguards the privacy of its applicants at all times. They can also advise your family if you qualify for other government disability programs such as the RDSP or Registered Disability Savings Plan for their applicants.
Call Disability Credit Consultants at 1-855-752-0288 to find out more.